As part of the evaluation and placement process, St. Thomas More requires all prospective ninth graders take a local high school placement test. Students with a completed application can test at STM on Friday, November 6 for no additional cost. Simply indicate on your application form that you plan to test at STM on November 6, and arrive by 7:30 a.m. on testing day. Prospective students who test at another school are not required to also test at STM; however, only applicants who test at STM on November 6 will be eligible for Honors Scholarships.
Here are a few things you’ll want to know about testing at St. Thomas More:
- Testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. We cannot test students that arrive after testing has begun.
- Testing will be completed by approximately 12:15 pm.
- There is nothing special that your child should study before this test. The best way to prepare for the test is to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast that morning.
- Calculators are NOT allowed during testing.
- Tell your child not to be nervous. Although it is to their advantage to do their best, this test is only one part of the overall admission process.