As part of the evaluation and placement process, St. Thomas More requires all prospective ninth graders take a local high school placement test. Students with a completed application can test at STM for no additional cost. The next available testing date is November 8. Please contact our Admissions department to schedule your placement test. Prospective students who test at another school are not required to also test at STM, but please make arrangements to have the school you tested at send your scores to STM.
Here are a few things you’ll want to know about testing at St. Thomas More:
- Testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. We cannot test students that arrive after testing has begun.
- Testing will be completed by approximately 12:15 pm.
- There is nothing special that your child should study before this test. The best way to prepare for the test is to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast that morning.
- Calculators are NOT allowed during testing.
- Tell your child not to be nervous. Although it is to their advantage to do their best, this test is only one part of the overall admission process.