As part of the evaluation and placement process, St. Thomas More requires all prospective ninth graders take a local high school placement test. Students with a completed application can test at STM on Friday, November 4 for no additional cost. Simply indicate on your application form that you plan to test at STM on November 4, and arrive by 7:30 a.m. on testing day. Prospective students who test at another school are not required to also test at STM; however, only applicants who test at STM on November 4 will be eligible for Honors Scholarships.
Here are a few things you’ll want to know about testing at St. Thomas More:
- Testing begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. We cannot test students that arrive after testing has begun.
- Testing will be completed by approximately 12:15 pm.
- There is nothing special that your child should study before this test. The best way to prepare for the test is to get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast that morning.
- Calculators are NOT allowed during testing.
- Tell your child not to be nervous. Although it is to their advantage to do their best, this test is only one part of the overall admission process.
Any student who currently has testing accommodations, must submit the documentation to the admissions department prior to testing.