Girls Softball Varsity Head Coach
Date Posted: – 7/27/17 Closing Date: When filled
SCHOOL: St. Thomas More High School
SPORT: Girls’ Softball, Varsity Head Coach
SEASON/STIPEND: Spring 2018/ Competitive
1) Valid WI teacher certification or ASEP certification (or complete ASEP certification within one year).
2) Has previous successful coaching experience in Softball.
3) Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program
The Head Coach will abide by and reinforce in a supervisory capacity the guidelines set forth in the STM Handbook. In addition, the Head Coach is expected to:
- Provide leadership and instruction toward the athletic development of each student-athlete in the STM High School Softball Program.
- Stress the importance of classroom performance and monitor athlete’s academic status.
- Oversee the activities of the softball staff in planning, organizing and coaching of the STM Varsity team
- Ensure compliance with the School and Archdiocesan policies; as well as, the WIAA rules, guidelines, and regulations.
- Direct the girl’s softball staff in the preparation of analysis of opponent teams; analyze game statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare game plans accordingly.
- Counsel team members in academic or disciplinary matters; consult with STM administration and faculty for resolution of problems as required.
- Work closely with the Athletic Director to determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Study, evaluate and implement innovations in softball strategy and equipment.
- Represent STM girl’s softball program in a professional manner at civic, charity, alumni, and media functions.
- Develop and provide supervision for off-season training opportunities.
RESPONSIBLE TO: STM Chief Administrator and Athletic Director
St. Thomas More High School
2601 E. Morgan Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53207
Or e-mail resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or to learn more about St. Thomas More see our website (www.tmore.org) or call (414)-481-8370 x120.