Job Title: JV and JV2 Girls’ Volleyball Coaches, High School (two positions available)
Supervisor: Varsity Head Coach & the Athletic Director
Job Classification: Seasonal, Stipend
Start Date: August 16, 2021
The JV and JV2 girls’ volleyball coaches are responsible for coaching high school student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic volleyball competitions. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport and to compete towards the next level.
- Assesses player’s skills and assigns team
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic
- Models’ sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and
- Models’ nondiscriminatory behaviors and practices in all
- Attends summer league tournaments, summer camp sessions, staff development meetings, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal and Athletic Director or other appropriate
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills. Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport. Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students. Experience as a volleyball coach or assistant coach at the high school, club, or college level preferred.
John Hoch, Athletic Director
St. Thomas More High School